This lamp was inspired by the traditional Lava Lamp designed by Edward Craven Walker. By taking his design and making it slightly more rounded it ended up looking like a funky rocket.
Using the Arduino Nano and the FastLed library it is possible to create this rainbow effect within the lamp. The round shape create a beam of light in the middle that gives the illusion the light is also emitted from the middle.
- 4 RGB (WS2812) (Buy on Amazon)
- Little prototyping pcb (Buy on Amazon)
- 4 104 0.1uF ceramic capacitors (Buy on Amazon)
- Arduino Nano (Buy on Amazon)
- A little bit of wire (Buy on Amazon)
- A hotglue gun, always the hot glue gun. (Buy on Amazon)
The transparant part (lavalamp-top) was printed with PETG. The other parts where all printed using PLA.
The transparant part needs to be printed with vase mode. This to create a nice glittering effect and a wall as thin as possible.
This post includes Amazon affiliate links